Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pony Rides Are for Chickens, Too

Wow, I am exhausted. The garden prep is complete and the carrots are planted. The garlic that I put into the ground last November is starting to come up. I've started a bunch of things indoors in peat pots: tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peas, bell peppers, habaneros and peperoncinis. Next weekend I'll be planting the other early spring stuff like lettuce, spinach, radishes...

Jake and I moved a bunch of horse poop from the paddock to the pasture right behind the garden. By this time next year, it'll be nicely composted.

My baby chicks aren't babies anymore. They are very tame though and well behaved :) I couldn't resist putting one of them on Zazu's head and taking a picture. Zazu is such a good sport. Not much bothers her (except Laney).

The boys and I have our hunter safety written exam tomorrow night and field day is next Saturday. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment