Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One Step Closer

Monday night Jake, Riley and I all passed our hunter safety exam. Yay! Part two of the exam is field day - which we'll be doing this Saturday. I've really enjoyed this class, and have a whole new respect for those that hunt and know how to handle a firearm. I'm even more impressed with those who know what to do with a deer that they've shot. I'm hoping my brother Danny (hint hint!) will come up to Vermont this fall during deer season so we can all go hunting together. The idea of learning how to stock my freezer without having to go to a grocery store...sounds like a good thing to know how to do! Jake and I wish we had a shotgun - lots of those wild turkeys are living in our backyard.

A big thanks to our instructor, Michael MacDuff! We enjoyed your class and awesome instruction. The boys and I learned some valuable things that I'm sure will be put to good use. We'll be back in a few years when Kaiya is ready to learn the fundamentals of hunter and firearm safety.

This picture is one of the chicks riding on Laney's back. Silly chicken...

No comments:

Post a Comment