Sunday, March 27, 2011

We Need a Pony

Shorty, as you see in this picture, lost her other front tooth yesterday. She spent all afternoon singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...". She thought that was pretty funny.

My daughter is such an awesome little person. She always helps me with chores around the house - her favorite thing to do is clean the windows. We were making banana muffins yesterday and I told her what a great kid I think she is...of course, she asked "Why?" I gave her a list of reasons, the last one being that she's not a brat. She skipped away while responding, "Well, mostly I'm not a brat. Sometimes I am to my brothers". I looked at her and laughed and she smiled and said, "Well, it's true!"

Shorty and Riley have taken a sudden interest in the horses. They've both made comments about wanting to ride but they also comment about how big the horses are. And they're right - the horses are big, especially Zazu who is a typical Thoroughbred standing at 16.2h (5'5" at the withers). Zazu is one of the sweetest, well-mannered horses I've ever known, but her size can be intimidating. Laney, even for her older age, is too spirited for the younger kids. Jake handled Laney well last summer, especially for a beginner (she only threw him off once!) but I don't trust her for Riley and Shorty. I'm looking for a smaller, well-mannered horse for them. A paint or Welsh - or even a smaller Quarter Horse. We'll see what we can find this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment