Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oh, That White Stuff is Gonna Melt Soon!

Thursday and Friday warmed up just enough to turn my garage into wading pond...there's about a foot of water that's creating quite a bit of havoc downstairs! Jake and I tried to break up the 6" layer of ice that's blocking the float on the pump, but we gave up and poured a 50lb bag of rock salt on top of the ice. Hopefully the salt won't damage the pump as long as I get it working today. My main priority for this lovely cold windy Sunday is to get that pump working - it's the only thing that keeps the garage from flooding. And then I have to figure out how to get the water out of the garage. There is a small portable pump on the shelf - I'll have to figure out how it works. It can't be too difficult. These are the times I wish I had someone to call for help with these man-chores. But then I end up figuring things out, sometimes on my own and sometimes with a quick call to my brother, and I end up with this huge sense of accomplishment. I've also gone down 2 pants sizes with all of this physical work I do with the horses!

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment