Thursday, January 6, 2011

Loving Vermont

Vermont is like no other state I've ever been in - figuratively and literally. I continue to be amazed by the beauty of the landscape, the ever-changing weather and the people.

My commute to work is about an hour. The kids and I hit the door about 7am, Kaiya's bus picks her up at the end of the driveway about 7:05, I drop off the boys at the corner market by 7:15. I usually pull into the parking garage in Winooski about 8am. It's a long drive, but the beauty of the sun rising over Lake Champlain, or the snow drifting down from the sky, or watching the lake freeze little by little everyday, makes it all worth it.

The people. I have never in my life experienced such considerate people.

This is Laney! I had her halter on for a few days so she has "halter face". Her leg is healing fine.


Jake heard coyotes howling last night. He wants to shoot them. I can't argue...I think they are the cause of the horses breaking the fence at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment