Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Love That Accent!!

I have a new goal. I will acquire an all-wheel drive car with snow tires. Maybe an SUV with studded snow tires. Or an extended cab truck. Maybe a big-ass V8, 4-wheel drive with studded snow tires and a plow attachment. Extended cab, of course.

A helicopter would be cool.

This picture is the view from the car as we drove home this afternoon, looking out over Lake Champlain. Not much to see as the snowflakes were heavy and the wind was blowing.

Halfway home, my car started to sputter as the engine light started to flash. Lucky for me, I was within a mile of my mechanic (I'm infatuated with his accent, just so you know). I attempted to pull into the parking lot and got stuck in the snow. Back and forth, rev and rev - I finally give up, turn off the engine and stomp through the snow (I seriously need to buy some snow boots). Brian, my accent boy, greets me as I walk into the lobby (actually I think he and the other boys were watching me try to get my car out of the snow bank). I tell him that I have two problems: 1) I'm stuck in the snow and 2) the car just started running bad and the engine light is flashing. Brian takes my keys and pulls my car up to the door - what?? Wait. How'd he do that?? When he walks into the lobby I tell him he's a show-off - he laughs and tells me I need to learn to drive. Ha! He suggests that I drive my car out onto the frozen lake, hit the gas, then the breaks and see what happens. He's nuts.

Brian goes back outside to look at the car. I told Jake that he'll come back in and tell me that it's miss-firing and I need a new spark plug or wire...which is exactly what happened. Except Brian also said that it could be a dying cylinder...no!!!

Oh, and Brian has the vehicle I want. He'll be here tomorrow morning to plow the driveway...

No comments:

Post a Comment