Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Morning

One of my favorite times of all are Sunday mornings during the summer. I've been up since about 5:30 - turn the horses out, feed the chickens, feed the cat and dogs...coffee brews, open the doors and let the damp cool air drift through the house...coffee, weather channel, laptop...the kids are all still sleeping. It's very peaceful here on Sunday mornings.

I was mowing the lawn a few weeks ago, riding the tractor in circles around the apple trees in the front yard, when I noticed that two of the three trees have little apples on them! It was exciting to see those little baby apples! Early last winter I discovered another older apple tree at the very back end of the property. I want to go investigate that tree later today, if I can get to it. Yves (my neighbor) had to come get the DR (the new belt wasn't working property) so I'm a little bummed I haven't been able to get any more trails cut. I'm hopeful Yves will get it fix and I can cut some more paths. It's time to check on the black berries, too. They should be starting to ripen.

I need farm equipment! And a truck with a plow attachment!

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous! We've always wanted apple trees. Our first batch didn't make it past spring this year. I bet your horses love those apples.

    ReplyDelete